SQL hosting is the hosting that provides the SQL database services. It has many SQL databases in the SQL hosting market, and the most popular are MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access and Oracle.
Who Needs SQL Hosting
Basically, if you want to store and retrieve data from SQL databases, you need SQL hosting.
It has some advantages by using SQL hosting:
- Your web application will be robust and scalable.
- Your web page content will be more searchable in database.
- It’ll be easier to maintain the web page content.
- You can easily change the web application’s layout without touching the data.
- You can easily use the same data all through your applications.
SQL Hosting Comparison
It has different SQL databases in the hosting market, you may need to choose one according to your requirements. Following is the basic comparison for your quick reference.
|SQL Server||Yes||No||Not Free|
|MS Access||Yes||No||Not Free||for small websites|